Needing and searching for restorative dentistry in Greenwood Village is actually more common than you think. Sure, we all like to go to the dentist and leave with a good bill of health, but that’s not always the case when cavities are involved. Sometimes we need a filling or other restorative solution to give our smile back it’s strength and integrity.
However, your Denver dentist also knows that when faced with needing any kind of dental work, it can be worrisome. With Dr. Christopher Macri and the gentle Macri Dental team by your side, you won’t have to worry about your smile imperfections. When you come to our Greenwood Village dental office the first thing we’re going to do is hopefully make you laugh and relax. Rest assured we guarantee to always:
- Deliver honest, compassionate dentistry
- Have open communication about your treatment or concerns
- Help you feel comfortable and healthy in your smile
We’re a restorative dentist in Greenwood Village that works directly, one-on-one with every patient for relationship-based care you won’t find anywhere else.
Technology Like You’ve Never Seen Before
It’s OK if you want to consider us somewhat “nerdy” for our love of all things dental technology. It’s just that with the continued advancements and improvements as years go by, dental health care and how it’s delivered is definitely changing. What does this mean for you, our valued patient? Well, better technology means less time you spend with us. (We love you, but you don’t have to be in the dental chair any longer than necessary. You’re too busy for that!)
Our Greenwood Village dental office is packed with special technology you have to see to believe. We’ve strategically placed monitors and TVs over all of our dental chairs, so you and Dr. Macri can see the same things simultaneously. You’ll have a clearer picture of your oral health before we ever proceed with any treatments. We also feature:
- All digital regular and panoramic x-rays
- Intraoral and extraoral photography
- In-office CBCT scanner
- 3-D printer
- Laser dentistry
Forget about gloopy, messy impressions, and being at the office for hours while we complete your procedure. Our leading-edge tools have revolutionized how we care for you and your smile.
Head out on our Denver streets and ask anyone to name the first thing that comes to mind when you say “dentistry.” We’re willing to bet you get some pretty interesting answers, not to mention a lot of people saying “cavities” or “fillings.”
Fillings have evolved over the years and are safer than the metal or amalgam fillings that restorative dentists in Greenwood Village used for years to stop decay. Today’s fillings like the ones Dr. Christopher Macri recommends and uses are tooth-colored or composite material. When you laugh or open your mouth, no one will be staring at your dark, discolored metal fillings or even cavities. All they will see is a healthy, whole smile that’s blended seamlessly for improved appearance, function, and overall health. If you have a tooth or teeth that you believe has been compromised by decay or a cavity, please don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule some time to talk to us.
Porcelain Inlays/Porcelain Onlays
Porcelain inlays and onlays are restorative dentistry cousins to fillings. They’re similar in function and how they look once they’re placed on your ailing teeth. Many times when a tooth has some minor restoration needed, we can use composite bonding for a quick fix. However, sometimes you need more than that, yet less than a dental crown restoration to make your smile whole and healthy again.
This is a situation where Dr. Christopher Macri might suggest you consider a porcelain inlay or onlay restoration. Both porcelain inlays and onlays are effective and trusted in restorative dentistry in Denver because they:
- Fill larger, more advanced cavities
- Repair damaged teeth
- Strengthen failing teeth without using a dental crown
What’s the difference between an inlay and an onlay? That’s simple. You can think of inlays like a large filling, fitting inside the cusps or points of your teeth. An onlay (as its name implies) sits on top of one or more cusps. Learn more about these versatile restorative dentistry treatments today!
Dental crowns are another one of our most used tools for effective restorative dentistry in Greenwood Village. At Macri Dental we can create a beautiful custom crown or bridge using some of the best technology available anywhere in dentistry today. Crowns are able to give you back a whole smile, restoring your damaged tooth to its original functional state.
Generally, crowns are a restorative solution in times when your dentist needs to:
- Attach it to a dental implant post to replace a missing tooth
- Hide a severely damaged or broken tooth
- Balance a bite where teeth are beginning to break down
Crowns also have one other very important job in restorative dentistry and that’s helping to hold bridges in place. Bridges are connected crowns where you’ve got anchors bonded to remaining teeth next door to where your missing tooth is. Our crowns and bridges are customized precisely to match your smile for extreme comfort and satisfaction.
Dentures & Partials
You can’t have a conversation about restorative dentistry in Greenwood Village and not somehow mention both dentures and partials. Now, before you cringe and think of your grandparent’s false teeth sitting in a cup in the bathroom, we want to tell you that advancements in dental tools and technology over the years have all but revamped how dentures are created to be more comfortable and durable. One of the main reasons a patient like you is learning more about partials and dentures in Denver is because of a missing tooth or (usually the case) multiple teeth. Having a smile that’s broke down and not making you happy can also make it:
- Harder to enjoy life, specifically the foods we love
- More challenging to speak clearly
- Easier for your gums to become infected
If any of this is starting to sound familiar to you and your oral health, it might be time to schedule a no-obligation, hassle-free visit with Dr. Christopher Macri. He taught up and coming dental school students about restorative dentistry and dentures at the Colorado School of Dental Medicine from 2007 to 2014. He can take a look at your teeth, assess your needs, listen carefully to your concerns, and create a course of treatment that works for both your schedule and budget. Dr. Macri can also talk to you about the many benefits of implant-supported dentures.
Fix your missing teeth with dental implants, conveniently complete in the comfort of our Greenwood Village dental office. For more information, please visit our Dental Implants page
Everyone tends to give endodontics a bad reputation because of two words: root canal. The truth is that root canals are the perfect solution for your Greenwood Village dentist to suggest to fix a tooth or teeth in danger due to decay. If you need a root canal, you’ll want to be in Dr. Christopher Macri’s dental chair. Why? Because he actually loves doing root canals. From anterior and premolars procedure to molar retreats, Dr. Macri does it all in the comfort of our office with the team that you already know and trust. No referrals or running about Denver looking for a suitable specialist.
Dr. Macri has special, gentle dental technology and finely-tuned techniques that he relies on to deliver root canal therapy that’s effective and efficient. We do our best to get you in the dental chair on time and out the door without spending hours in treatment.
Surgery of any kind is usually not something we want to hear that we need to consider from any healthcare provider, let alone your Denver dentist. However, there are times when it’s actually going to be your best option for renewed oral health and maybe you’ll need less dental work down the line. The thing about oral surgery is this: Dr. Christopher Macri doesn’t recommend oral surgery to patients unless it’s absolutely necessary and in the best interest of you and your smile. We go out of our way to protect and preserve as much or as many of your natural teeth as possible, but sometimes it’s best if you have a troublesome tooth removed altogether.
Dr. Macri is both a tooth-saver and a real life-saver because he can extract most teeth in the office, so you won’t need to wait to have your work done by a specialist. However, for more challenging cases where wisdom and bony impacted teeth are present, we might have to work in partnership with a trusted oral surgeon who’s local and loved by patients. Worrying about oral surgery and waiting to fix your smile issues can make things worse. Schedule a consultation today so we can give you back your healthy smile for a better tomorrow.
We have to be 100 percent honest and tell you that we truly love to talk about all of the advanced technology at Macri Dental in Greenwood Village. It takes a lot of time and resources to decide what type of technology to invest in for the health of our patients and the ease of treatment for our team. The fun thing about every piece of dental technology that we’ve compiled over the years all has a unique job or functions that make dentistry a whole lot easier for everyone involved — from patients to practitioners.
Our Denver dental office features:
– iTero® digital scanning – We take impressions with superior precision with this special digital scanner. It’s useful for restorative dentistry and orthodontics because when we need an impression of your teeth, we no longer have to take a goopy impression that can be uncomfortable and unnecessary. With digital technology like the iTero®, we can also send your information electronically, directly to the lab for faster, more accurate results.
– CBCT cone beam – Need help planning for a dental implant or orthodontic treatment? Dental Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is a special, more in-depth digital x-ray device used for precision diagnostic imaging. This kind of scanner can quickly produce 3-D images of your mouth including everything from your tooth roots to soft tissues and nerve paths in just one short, single scan of your head.
– 3-D printer – By now, you’ve probably seen or at least heard about the many versatile uses for 3-D printing across the entire medical field. We just had to have a piece of this amazing technology to help our patients experience more comfortable care in our Greenwood Village dental office. We can take more modern, precise impressions of your teeth without ever subjecting you to messy, gloppy, gaggy traditional bite impressions.
– Soft tissue laser – Forget the need for long surgeries and painful recovery with stitches that will eventually need to come out. Macri Dental is home to a state-of-the-art soft tissue laser. This special tool allows us to heal cold sores and lesions with ease, while helping to end discomfort associated with frenectomies.
For more information about our technology, please visit our Technology page.